Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nintendo Wii Screenshots: Wii Sports Resort - Table Tennis

Table Tennis is the sixth sport on Wii Sports Resort. It is kind of like the Wii Play version, but way more realistic. This is one game that really made me realize how much more realistic the movements are using the Wii Motion Plus. No more just whacking the ball at the right time, which was a worthy strategy in Tennis on Wii Sports. You now really do have to do it at the right time, right angle, or backhand it. It is a good challenge, though. You can play against a computer or friend in Match mode or you can see how many serves you can return in a row in Return Challenge. Return Challenge is even more challenging than it sounds, as after you get a good chain of returns going you can get bonus points by aiming your return at a specific area. Of course, it can be easier to score high by just ignoring that and focusing on successful returns, as I found I often ended up messing up my streak because I was trying to get the bonus points. Overall among my favorites on Wii Sports Resort.

Click on the thumbnails below to see a larger version of the screenshots.



No comments: