Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nintendo Wii Screenshots: Wii Sports Resort - Basketball

The fifth sport on Wii Sports Resort is Basketball. This is one sport I always thought need a Mii version and I am glad to see it got it on Wii Sports Resort. The two events are 3-point Contest and Pickup Game. I enjoy playing the 3-Point Contest in which you have a minute to shoot 25 balls (5 from each of 5 spots on the arc) and try to score as many as you can. The last ball in each spot is worth double points (2, as the regular shots are only worth 1 in this game). It is a fun fast paced game and overall it really does feel like you are realistically shooting the ball, although it is only one handed shot style. The pick up game is even better with you also doing dribbling, however, I find even shooting hard to get the hang of. That is related to my poor real basketball shot accuracy and not the game, though. At least I am decent at defense and getting steals and blocking shots and only lose by one basket or tie at 0 mostly. Overall this sport is pretty fun, but I do imagine playing it much besides the 3-point Contest and occasionally the Pick Up Game with my bro. By the way my brother loves basketball and basketball games and approves of the pick up game as a fun way to play basketball. He says it feels realistic, except he can actually make the shots, since in real basketball he does not have the strength to make a basket from his wheelchair.

Click the thumbnails below to see a larger version of the screenshots.



No comments: