Saturday, March 23, 2013

Nintendo 3DS Screenshots: Face Racers Photo Finish

Face Racers: Photo Finish

While I do not think anything can be up to the standard of Mario Kart, I tend to like kart racing games enough to not much care about them being ripoff of Mario Kart.  However, my standards for liking a kart racing game tend to be pretty low.  Thus, I at least expected to enjoy a few races of Face Racers: Photo Finish before returning the rental.

Face Racers: Photo Finish

Sadly, though, I could only stand one single race (not even a full cup!) of Face Racers before I took it out and quickly got in back in the mail to Gamefly today to speed up getting my next rental.  Yes, the graphics are not that great, but I am not too picky about graphics being fancy or not.  For me it is mostly about the gameplay and in this case the controls made the gameplay no fun for me.

Face Racers: Photo Finish

The first thing I did not like about Face Racers was when you go to cusomize your character you cannot use your Mii or built in animation, but rather have to use a photo.  I guess it makes sense with the name Photo Finish in it, but I do not really want my face in the game and the premade ones are rather bad, too.

Face Racers: Photo Finish

If it was just the customization that annoyed me, it would not be a big deal.  The real thing that got to me, though, was the controlling of the kart.  It seemed like just a tiny bit of turning on the joystick caused it to move a lot in that direction.  Perhaps call the controls too responsive would be the way to put it.  Basically, it was way frustrating.

No comments: