Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nintendo 3DS Screenshots: Face Raiders

I did not expect much from Face Raiders as a game that comes with the Nintendo 3DS. I ended up quickly getting sucked in and loving it. It is so cool how it uses the camera and you move around to shoot the Faces as they virtually swirl around you. It is a little hard to play unless you stand up, especially in the later stages, but that just makes it a little more of an active game.

Of course, as the motion aspect also makes me afraid my bro who has cerebral palsy might quickly dislike his 3DS for having a potentially useless built in game for him, as the built in game was part of why he decided to pre-order with no 3DS games. Good thing we lucked out with the Amazon pre-order deal and he has an actual 3DS game coming next week. Plus, he lost his DS Lite, so he needed something to play his regular DS games anyways.

Anyways, personally I love Face Raiders. It is a lot of fun, although not to much depth. I have not got the feature of it finding faces in the camera mode to work, but that seems like a cool way to add people. Also, the adding myself annoyed me as it kept telling me to move closer or further and line up and never once told me to just press A and take the photo and that I did not have to get just right for it to do it.

The stages are mostly pretty easy, but the Final Stage continues to stump me. I just do not have the fast reactions needed for beating the boss, especially since I seem to lose a lot of life before the boss most of the time. Just feels like a really big jump in difficulty from Stage 3 to the Final Stage.

Click on the thumbnails below to see a larger version of the images.


No comments: