Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nintendo Wii Screenshots: Wii Music

I like the realistic feel of playing games on the Wii, but I still expect a gaming experience. Wii Music gives the realistic feel of going through the motions of playing different instruments, but it fails to give any sort of gaming goal incentive to make you want to play it. You might as well just be playing air guitar, air drums, etc. to the radio or your iPod. The game lacks any sort of scoring system type goal like Rock Band, Ultimate Band, Guitar Hero, etc. games. I knew the realistic feel would not quite be the same as peripheral games, but I really expected gameplay to still be similar like Ultimate Band, which is the best no peripheral Wii game I have played. The biggest disappoint was I actual bought this game. At least I bought on sale for $29.99 and took it to Gamestop and got almost that much back (only really lost $4 on the purchase), however, I am technically still out the money with nothing in hand because nothing of interest was available to use my credit on. Bottom line is my idea of renting before buying has saved me from wasting a lot of money and one of the few times I slip on the rule it turns out bad.

Click the screenshots below to see a larger version of the screenshots.



No comments: