Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Celebrating Mario Day with Mario Games on Various Nintendo Systems

With today being Mario Day I dug out some of my old and more recent Mario games. I started with the console games.

I started with the oldest Nintendo console, the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). For NES I have two Mario games. They are Mario is Missing and Super Mario Brothers. I never really could figure out Mario is Missing, so I quickly stopped playing that one and played Super Mario Brothers until I got Game Over once.



The next console I have a Mario game for is the Super Nintendo. For Super Nintendo I have Mario Paint, but I cannot actually play it because I do not have the special mouse and without it I have not been able to figure out how to play if that is even possible.



The next system I tried to play on was my Nintendo 64. For the N64 I have Mario Golf. This time the issue was that my N64 would not turn on. Honestly, I probably never tried the system when I bought it off of eBay a few years ago. It might have never worked since I had it. I am going to eventually try it with my brother's power cord, as it seems that might be the only issue.



Next I played Gamecube, although I played it on the Wii. I have Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Golf Toadstool Tour for Gamecube. I only played Mario Kart, though, because the golf one my brother currently has.



My final console game was Mario Kart Wii, which is the only Mario game I own for the Wii. I played some online races on this game.



After the console games I played my Mario handheld games. I started with Alleyway for Original Game Boy, although I played it on a Game Boy Color. Alleyway barely has Mario, but it is Mario that gets in the paddle before you begin the brick style game.



I do not have any Game Boy Color games with Mario, so I skipped to playing my Game Boy Advance Mario games. For Game Boy Advance I have Super Mario Brothers and Mario Kart Super Circuit. Super Mario Brothers would not work on my DS and it is basically what I was playing on the NES earlier.



Lastly I played my Mario DS game, which is Mario Kart DS.

No comments: