Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nintendo Wii Screenshots: Animal Crossing City Folk

I try to hold myself to only buying one video game a month. My quota for the month was thus filled last week when I finally got Wii Fit. I really did not think I was going to buy Animal Crossing right away, but I told my brother it came out today. He was going to buy it with his money, but then I told him about the Toys R Us ad saying if you buy one Wii game over $29.99 you get $20 off another Wii game over $29.99. By the time we got to the store he decided he was going to buy Star Wars: Clone Wars for Wii and I agreed to pay for Animal Crossing if the full $20 came off of my part. Thus I ended up with Animal Crossing for the Wii on release day and broke my 1 game a month quota for the first time in a long time. I guess no game buying until 2009. We will see how that goes. At least I also got a $10 Toys R Us gift card for our purchase being over $75. That will come in handy for paying for the only Christmas present I have to buy this year.

Overall I enjoyed playing Animal Crossing so far. The beginning stuff is pretty much the same as the Gamecube and DS versions, although you can import your DS town instead of starting a new town. Other than that new feature I have really only noticed one big difference from the other versions and that is that you can fishing by shaking the Wii remote. Yeah, it really does not sound all that much of a must buy, but if you like the other Animal Crossing games I think you will understand that this game is fun and just the minimal improvement of the scrolling scenery instead of the block lag when walking around town in the Gamecube version makes it worthwhile. Basically the improvements are minimal besides the new WiFi Connection talking microphone thingy (Wii Speak compatibility). However, I think that is the beauty of the game. It was a good game to start with and if they had done too many big changes I do not think this would have turned out as enjoyable for the same fan base.




No comments: