Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nintendo 3DS Screenshots: Tetris Axis

Tetris was one of my very first video games back when I got an Original Game Boy in 1994.  I still love puzzle games, so thought I should try out the Tetris Axis on the 3DS.  It is still kind of fun, but somehow it does not seem as good anymore.  I guess I just got more into the faster pace that Match 3s are and that is my real puzzle kind of game nowadays.  The real thing that gets me, though, is the joystick cannot be used to do anything.

There are a decent amount of modes to play in Tetris Axis to give some depth to it.  I definitely appreciate it for that and can still spend hours getting sucked into Tetris.  Its no The New Tetris for N64 (still my favorite Tetris ever), but I gotta say I kind of liked the online mode.  Problem with the online mode, though, is that it took almost 10 minutes to get matched with someone.  Basically, it seems not enough people out there playing it, so not sure how good online capability is if this is what it is like still pretty new.  If you got friends with 3DSs, it could be a lot of fun.  As a single player, though, I would rather stick to Match 3s on the DS.

No comments: