Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nintendo 3DS Screenshots: Brunswick Pro Bowling

I love bowling in real life, so I tend to like checking out bowling video games, although the online one I have ever really liked is part of Wii Sports.   I kind of have given up on liking bowling games on anything, but the Wii.  However, there has not been much I have wanted to even try on the 3DS, so I decided to rent Brunswick Pro Bowling for Nintendo 3DS and give it a chance.

I quickly became annoyed with Brunswick Pro Bowling, as you cannot control the menu selections with the buttons and instead have to use the stylus even if you choose Arcade Play controls for the bowling.  The game got further frustrating with the arcade controls being too picky and complex to get the hang of.  The stylus play option is not too bad to get the hang of, but I kept having issues of it not recognizing me swiping the stylus and it would take three to four swipes to actually throw the ball.  That got old fast and I did not even complete one whole game.

Brunswick Pro Bowling had potential to be fun, as I like the idea of leagues and tournaments in Career mode, but the controls make it not worthwhile at all.  It is basically a game full of cons with the main pros being in the title and the fact that the 3D does look cool.

Click thumbnails below to see a larger version of the screenshots.




No comments: