Tuesday, February 16, 2010

iPhone Game Screenshots: Cool Curlings

Cool Curlings is based off the Cool Runnings story about the Jamaican bobsledders. This game is about curling instead. Normally I would not even care to try a curling game, but I am in full Olympic mode this month and have been trying Winter Olympic themed games on my iPhone. I only tried the free Lite version, but I think it gives enough of an idea of how the game works. The only benefits of the full version appears to be more challenge levels (15 instead of 5) and more teams to choose to be in Versus mode.

The game is not too hard to figure out the controls to. However, being able to control the curling stone to end up where you want it does take practice, although I imagine it is easier than real life. The Versus mode kind of annoys me, though, as you cannot seem to play against anyone unless you join the OpenFeint network thing or you have someone else to pass your phone with. This is not horrible, but I kind of would have liked the choice to play against a computer opponent, especially for a game I was not sure I wanted to keep and thus why sign up for some network.



Click below to get the app for yourself.

Cool Curlings

Cool Curlings LITE

No comments: