Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cannot connect to iTunes Store - App Store Down

This morning I was trying to download some new games on my iPhone and I ended up getting an error message that said "Cannot connect to iTunes Store."  At first I thought this was just my WiFi router blocking or kicking me, which has been happening a lot lately when I use WiFi for certain apps and my iPod Touch is often kicked off.  I switched back to 3G, which was okay for one game, but not for larger games.  It still gave me the same error.  It turns out that the App Store itself is down to some extent for everyone.

You can access the App Store, but most of the time when trying to get new apps or update apps on a mobile device or from iTunes on the computer it gives the "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" error message.  I heard that it does not effect all apps, as some can still be download or updated, but as far as I can tell it certainly seems to be affecting all game apps or at least everyone I was trying to download.  Some say that signing out and logging back in fixed their problem, but it did not work for me and I think it might just be they are really accessing non affected apps.

No comments: